Friday, December 14, 2012

No Words

The Lord says, "A voice is heard in Ramah, lamentation and bitter weeping. Rachel is weeping for her children; she refuses to be comforted for her children, because they are no more." 
Jeremiah 31:15

No other words to describe today, a day in which at least 20 school children, 20 innocents where slaughtered at one of our schools. 20 children, I cannot even get my head around that. This is supposed to be a joyous time of the year when we look forward to the coming Christ child, yet instead we are mourning the loss of 20 blessed lives. 

I could pontificate about guns, I could pontificate about the violence prevalent in our society, I could pontificate on the evils of the world, but why? Have we not had this conversation over and over, at least after every single time innocents lose their lives? Did we not learn a lesson in Columbine, or Aurora, or Nickel Mines, or Oak Creek, or Tuscon? 

I am just numb. I have no more words!

No comments:

Post a Comment